Sunday, June 7, 2009

How Do I Get Sucked Into These Things?

I swear to God I must be a magnet. This is coming from a person who hardly watched ANY television. I watched Lost and a bunch of old sitcoms on DVD. I got sucked into two more shows.

"Jon & Kate Plus 8" - I think the first one is because of all the media hype. But since all the "publicity" the show is getting, I watched the first two shows of the new season. I have thought it through and believe me, I can't believe I am saying this, but I on Team Jon. Now I in no way support his alleged affair, but I do not think Kate is innocent in all of this as well. I just pray that the children are not affected by all this attention and I pray for some normalcy in their lives.



A second show that I started watching is "18 Kids and Counting". This show to me is everything Jon & Kate Plus 8 is not. First off, they have 10 more children. Secondly, the children are well-behaved. Thirdly, both Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar love each other. Lastly, they practice their faith. It is a refreshing show.

I have to give an honorable mention to the new Showtime show "Nurse Jackie" starring Edie Falco who played Carmela Soprano on "The Sopranos". She is a wonderful actress. I don't have Showtime, but last night Direct TV showed the premiere episode of the show for free. I have to say, I wish I had Showtime! It was really very good. It amazes me that this show is only a half hour long. I really feel like Edie has another hit on her hands.


In other news: Today, my sister Jenny and I spent the day together. We went down to see my friend Joyce (the lady who worked across the hall from me). We all had a nice lunch together where I had the most amazing chopped salad to date.
.

Speaking of salads - alot of you asked how I lost the 52 pounds. I intend to do a whole future post on my "lifestyle change". I still have a ways to go, but let me tell you - I feel a world better. I feel like I'm living my life now and not watching it pass me by.

Until next time my friends....

6 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

I watch those two shows when CSI isn't on ...hahahaha!
Have an awesome Monday! Hugs!

Bud Fisher said...

18 kids? And we make fun of Octomom...

Amber said...

I occasionally watch both those shows, but really only when I find I have a few moments to sit, so I've never gotten into them too much. I've gotten some very good ideas from both of them.
Kinda scary when you can say regular schmo's who became TV personalities have that kind of power in the home huh?

Debbie said...

I love the Duggar's!!

and WOOT to the 52 pounds!!!!

~*Mare*~ said...

I never, ever watched either of those shows until the Jon and Kate affair started up, now I like them both. I, too, am with Jon. I've caught some older episodes and can't believe the way she treated him sometimes. I'm not saying that justifies anything that has supposedly went on...but yeah, she is no Miss Innocent here.

A Blog In The Rough said...

I watch the Duggars with my mouth hanging open most of the time I'm always amazed at them.
I've been watching Jon and Kate... off and on for a while and I wonder really what's going on coz the media and editing can skew things so easily...but I guess we'll never know the truth