Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness: Phil Jackson



1. "Always keep an open mind and a compassionate heart.” Do you ALWAYS keep an open mind?
I try to keep an open mind with most issues. Other issues I cannot keep an open mind. For example, a very important issue with me is the coffee debate between Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks. I cannot and refuse to keep an open mind about Starbucks. Friends do not let friends drink Starbucks. Enough said.

2. “Wisdom is always an overmatch for strength.” Who is the wisest person you know? Who is the strongest?
I really don't know this person per say, but I do know of him. The wisest person "I know" would be Dr. Mehmet Oz. The man is brilliant. He knows a little about everything. Plus, he is compassionate and genuine. Something Dr. Phil is not. The strongest person I know would be my sister Jenny. She has had a series of medical issues for the past few years and on top of it wrestles with severe depression. She is my hero.

3. "Yes, victory is sweet, but it doesn't necessarily make life any easier the next season or even the next day." Do you think a successful day at your job makes the next day better or not?
This is of course assuming we have a job. Next... (LOL)

4. "...True joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way." How would we tell by your behavior if you are having a bad day?
I lose my cherub-like demeanor.

5. "I gave it my body and mind, but I have kept my soul." Do you have days when you feel you gave it your all, but may have compromised your values?
One thing I won't do is compromise my values. Unless I'm allowed to have 5 minutes alone in a room with Josh Holloway, then all bets are off.

6. "Your problems never cease. They just change." What do you feel is your biggest problem at the moment?
Finding employment now that school is over. However, today I had a very positive job interview. I met with the practice administrator at an ophthalmologist practice. I also met with the lead partner in the practice. They are literally thinking of creating a position for me with several different assignments. I would be schooled again and certified to be an ophthalmic technician, a surgical counselor, a scribe for the doctors, and a surgical technician to assist during surgeries. They need to just see how they could fit it in their budget. I will know the week after next because one of the head decision-makers is on vacation next week. I'm not going to get my hopes up because I don't want to get disappointed.

7. "My dad always had this little sign on his desk: "The bigger your head is, the easier your shoes are to fill." He really drilled that in." Does your ego sometimes get in your way?
Actually I really am always on my own case. I never get an ego about things. No matter how good you think you are, there is always someone better.

8. "There is a saying that I love...It says: "There are no Zen masters, there's only Zen." "Zen master" is a contradiction in terms. You don't master Zen." Do you believe in Zen? If yes, can it be mastered?
I believe in prayer. Isn't zen meditation?

9. "You can not teach competitiveness." Do you believe you could teach someone, like your child, to be competitive?
Now that is assuming I have a child....Next they'll be asking about my house. That is assuming I have one.

10. "Home is where the heart is, right?” Obviously Phil didn't originate this quote. He said it when asked if he'd retire after this season. Do you believe home is not a place but rather a state of mind?
See, here we go with a house question. I must have a sixth sense. How about an apartment? Holy Moly! --> Anyway, I gather you are looking for a figurative answer. I believe that a house (or apartment for that matter) is a place and a home is what exists inside..family, commitment, etc.

1 comment:

Bud Fisher said...

I'd never imagine you a bad mood! ;) I loved, "cherub-like demeanor"! You are a riot...