Sunday, July 25, 2010

First Week A Success!

I made it through my first week and I love it!! I knew alot before going in the office due to my externship and volunteering at Hospice. This week I learned how to do special weekly and montly reports that I am taking over. It is funny because I really went to school to be a medical assistant. Back in January, I found out that Hospice would be the place of my externship. Everyone is assigned there. They have an agreement with the University I went to. I learned I would have to fulfill 100 hours there to qualify for my credentials. As soon as I walked in the building it felt like home to me. I can't explain it. I think God had different plans for me and was working in my life. Those 100 hours turned into almost 250. I loved going there so much. I worked in every department and out in the field with patients. I wanted "the whole" experience. Circa 7 months later, I am employed there! It was funny because the Thursday before I started, I went in and volunteered one last time. They all thought I was starting that day! Too funny.

I am very happy there. I work with a bunch of wonderful people who absolutely love what they do. I feel so blessed and thankful that I was given this opportunity. After graduation, I searched for 6 weeks for a medical assistant position. I am certified and all. But I have to honestly say I would have been settling if I was offered and accepted a position. Isn't it funny how God works things? If I hadn't gone to school, I would have never found Hospice. I loved it there and they really liked me. But, there was a hiring freeze. It got defrosted! Then a miracle happened: this position opened up. Long-time readers know that Hospice was and is my heart. God made it happen! What a blessing! I was so scared because I was one of almost a dozen candidates up for this position. Thank you, thank you, thank you is all I can say!

I have made so many changes since April 1st of 2009. I went from being an unhappy, severly overweight manager of a travel agency traveling 45 miles each way to a job that I dreaded going to. Getting laid off later in the year was the best thing that ever happened to me. Of course when it happened, I didn't see it that way! But even before that, I decided I needed to make a change --> for me! April 1st was the day I decided to change my life forever. I knew I had to lose weight in order to start my life over. I knew in the back of my mind that my boss was going to close the agency. I saw it coming. I knew I had to do something for me. For my health. I am happy to report that I am now 188 pounds lighter. I feel phenomenal. It is like I got my life back. I wake up with a spring in my step and I go to a job that I am passionate about. I am so blessed. I am so thankful. One day when I am ready I will post my before pictures. I'm just not ready to do that yet. The reason being is that I feel like I don't know that girl in the pictures. She was broken. She was tired.

Anyway, onto happier things...On the left is the picture on my work photo ID. My friend Terry (and former externship manager..now coworker!!) took this of me outside of our building. I go out there and read during lunch. It is SO peaceful and beautiful. I have to bring my camera into work so I can take better shots of the outside. Behind me is a beautiful pond with a fountain. There is also a courtyard with tables and chairs and has a gorgeous area with flowers. It is very peaceful.

I'm sorry I've been a stranger to the blogs. I am just getting adjusted to having a schedule again. I have to say..I love it! When the alarm goes off in the morning, I jump right out of bed. I don't hit snooze anymore. No more delaying for me! I got my life back and I'm holding onto it with everything I got!

11 comments:

Scriber's Web said...

I am so happy for you and proud of you girl! You go rule the world now!

:)

Gavin said...

WOW! What a difference a year makes, and you have the rest of your life to enjoy the hard work you've put in.

Congratulations. You are an inspiration! :)

Kitten said...

I literally had tears in my eyes when I read this post. Wow, Jodi...I am so incredibly proud of you. I really am. You deserve this!

~Kristen~ said...

Oh sweet friend, I love this post! You are such an inspiration and I am so very happy we have become friends through our blogs! I can't wait till we can hang out sometime!!! I am so happy for you that everything is going so well for you!!! xoxo

A Blog In The Rough said...

Wow that's so awesome! Hooray for great jobs and getting healthy. All I can say is WOW and YAY for you :)

Coffee Slut said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy that you love your new job!!!
Hopefully we can talk soon ...I miss you!!!

Julie said...

YEAH!!!! Finally you are where you want to be. I am so very proud of you Jodi. I knew you could do it. I am so happy for you, so very happy. Now go out and enjoy everything that life has to offer. Yip yip hurrah for you!!!
Take care and God Bless!!!

Sean Anderson said...

Love your blog! Congrats on your success, it's incredible my friend.
The pitas---in the bread section---by the tortillas: Joseph's Oat Bran, Flax Seed, and Whole Wheat Flour 60 calorie pitas. Search for them online---and you can order them directly from Joseph's bakery. They make amazing low calorie personal pizzas, as you know from my blog!

My best always!
Sean

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog. I love your story. God works in mysterious ways that's for sure. What we see as an awful situation (job layoff) becomes the stepping stone to a more fulfilling purpose in life.

Anyhow...just wanted to say hi.

Congrats on all the weight loss too. WOW!!

kristi said...

Wow, congrats on the new job!! You look fantastic!

Elizabeth. said...

GRATS! The loss of so much weight is phenomenal - no wonder you don't know THAT girl. <3

Please post a before pic - it would mean alot. I'm just starting and you are truly an inspiration.

Hugs,
e.