Thursday, September 24, 2009

Today Was AWESOME!!!

Today was a WONDERFUL & AWESOME DAY!!! I finally got to meet Sue!! I was also so thrilled to meet HSHF (her sister, her friend) Dianne. I can't even tell you how sweet Sue is in person. We've been friends now for a long time, but to finally meet in person is just a blessing. We met in Meriden, Connecticut. The three of us had a nice lunch at Ruby Tuesdays followed by COFFEE at Dunkin Donuts. To be able to have coffee with the original Coffee Slut was so wonderful. Her sister Dianne is SO sweet and I love the relationship that they have together. Their love is very apparent. It reminds me of Jenny and I. Unfortunately two very special people could not make it today. My sister Jenny was supposed to come, but she was feeling under the weather. Our friend Bud could not make it because he was working. We are planning to meet up again in the spring, this time on a Saturday so Bud can join us. We are also sending out invites to Debbie, Bookkitten and Laura. You all know you are always welcome!
Finally a picture of Jodi and Sue!!
Sue with her sweet sister Dianne. (MSMF)
Finally having COFFEE together. This was a real treat!

We were missing our friend Bud, so we had a virtual Bud. We talked to him as we went up to the salad bar. "Come on Bud, lets get some salad". Bud also shared our coffee and he even had his own chair. Next time we hope he can fill that seat! We missed you Bud!!!

Sue brought some treats from New England for us. For Larry, some potato chips made in New England. For me...APPLES!!! Yum! Note Harley wanted some chips. LOL! Also, she gave me two beautiful gifts. A friendship frame and a stand-up wooden sign that reads, "Believe, Hope, Dream"...very fitting for what is going on in my life right now.
Sue, I had a wonderful time today. I am SO glad we finally got to meet in person. You are a true blessing in my life. Dianne, it was wonderful meeting you. You are awesome.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kimber said...

That is so cool you were able to meet finally! You look like you all had fun, and how sweet of her to bring gifts.

Bud Fisher said...

I'll called Ruby's to see if you were still there. They said they had "a policy against paging..." But thanks for the chair! :)

Amber said...

I'm so jealous I'm not anyplace near the west coast :o(
Glad you two finally got to meet, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :oD

Coffee Slut said...

It was the BEST time ever! Can't wait to do it again in the spring!
Hugs! <3