Monday, March 2, 2009

An Intimate Moment With Emeril

It all happened innocent enough. A couple of years ago I went to a book signing to meet Emeril Lagasse. I used to love to watch his show, "Emeril Live " where he displayed much more of a personality than his taped "Essence of Emeril" show.

Unfortunately I had to go by myself because he was appearing down near my job in Central Jersey and I went after work. What happened next will describe my Intimate Moment With Emeril.

I was next in line. I asked the lady behind me to take my pictures and I would take hers as she was by herself too. I walk up to Emeril. He was very, very quiet which is completely different from his personality on Emeril Live. I hand my book to him and ask him if he could do "Bam" for me. Well, he looks up and just says a tad louder than a regular speaking voice...."Bam!" I then asked him if that was all he had. He said that he "gave me a baby Bam!" . He then proceeds to ask me if I would like a picture with him. I was more than happy to take one.

Please keep in mind that he is sitting at a table. I go to stand behind him and lean in for the shot. I was balancing myself on one leg so I could get close as he was sitting down & I was standing up. When the lady said..."Are you ready?" when she was about to snap the picture, Emeril burst out "BAM!!!!!" really, really loud. I was not prepared and lost my footing and fell into him. My left boob hit him right in the side of his face. I was mortified. I was like..."Emeril, I am SO sorry". He said back to me...."No, no...really...that is quite alright" with a huge smile on his face. The line went hysterical as he apparently didn't mind one bit. He then signed my book, and put a smiley face in it. I was lucky he didn't sue me for whiplash.

So whenever I see Emeril on TV now I remember our intimate moment fondly.

6 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

Hahahaha ...too funny!!!
Was great talking with you earlier! Stay safe and warm ...drive carefully tomorrow!
Hugs from all of us to all of you!

Kitten said...

That's a cute little story! I wonder what Emeril's doing now, now that he's not doing the Food Network show any more...

Scriber's Web said...

So funny! I would have accidentally fallen in his lap:)

Anonymous said...

LOL! That is a riot!

Staci said...

I would've loved to see how he described the whiplash incident in court...well, her boob reached out and slapped me...hard!!!

Love that story!!!

Amber said...

Too funny! Gotta love what these folks do for their job :oD