
Gotta love scheduled posts!!! ~
1. How old is your Mom? If she has passed away, how old would she be?
My Mom if she were alive today would be 75.
2. What is/was your Moms worst habit?
Smoking that help cause her lung cancer. She started smoking after I was born. She was 38yrs old. She died when she was 56. For years prior to my birth, she was a banquet waitress and she inhaled alot of 2nd hand smoke. So the combination caused her cancer.
3. What famous person does/did your Mom resemble (a picture of that famous person would be nice)?
She really didn't resemble anybody famous. So, I will just post a picture of what she looked like. This was taken my senior year in high school. She drove the bus for my school up until she was diagnosed in April of 1990. She passed on May 20, 1991. This time of year is tough for me.

4. What would be one meal that you would love for your Mom to cook for you right now?
Well since we are Italian, we call tomato sauce "Gravy". I would love if she could cook me macaroni and gravy with her meatballs.
5. Was your Mom a Stay at Home Mom or did she have to go to a work/job (and yes, Mayhem understands and knows that being a Stay at Home Mom is work/job) when you were growing up?
My Mom worked two jobs most of her life. When I was born she worked as a banquet waitress. Then later on she worked at a high school cafeteria. For the last few years of her life she worked long hours doing both the cafeteria work and driving a school bus.
6. If you could change one thing about your Mom what would it be?
The fact that she is no longer here with me. I wish I could bring her back.
7. Did you ever make your mom cry? if so, explain.
I'm sure I have. I can't remember. I try to only think of the good things.
8. Have you ever told a lie to your Mom to protect yourself or someone else? If yes, have you come clean and told your Mom the truth?
YES! One time I told her I was taking the car and going over my friend Jennifer's house. But I did a very bad thing. I took the car (along with Jennifer) into New York City. I was a new driver. I white knuckled it the whole time. I did not come clean with her. So glad nothing happened.
9. What is the one thing that you most admire about your Mom?
Her strength.
10. In 10 words or less, describe your Mom.
Love, strength, courage, genuine, selfless, beautiful, generous, honest, brave, family-oriented
5 comments:
Wonderful post. Perfect!
I'm probably the only Italian on the eastern seaboard that doesn't call sauce "gravy." OK, my dad and my sister don't call it that, either. Make that the only family on the eastern seaboard that refers to "gravy" as sauce.
Beautiful post about your mom!
BIG [[[[[[[[[[ hugs ]]]]]]]] sweet friend!!! xoxo
Awww ....beautiful!
I still so sorry your mama isn't here anymore. She sounded like the most wonderful mama. I think your mama and my mama would of made terrific friends.
Thank you for sharing her with us. Hope all is well Jodi. Take care and God Bless!!
Post a Comment