Saturday, April 18, 2009

What's Happening & Sunday Stealing

It has been a banner week hasn't it? I have beem M.I.A. and I do apologize. I thought I'd give you all some updates. Well...therapy is going OK thank God. I'm still going three times a week. Bud, you will be happy to know that FINALLY the Wrap Lady doesn't suck anymore. My garments were ordered on Friday. Only 2 weeks, 1 day and 3hrs after I got fitted for them, but whose counting? The end result was this - I had to take matters into my own hands. I called my insurance company and put in a complaint as to why they weren't getting back to the fitter with authorization for the garments. The Wrap Lady faxed them three times. Reason...are you ready for this....you don't need authorization! Things that piss me off - 1) Why didn't the Wrap Lady call the insurance compay instead of waiting on faxes to be answered. 2) Why didn't the insurance call the Wrap Lady and let her know she didn't need authorization. As long as a letter of medical necessity and a prescription is sent in with the claim, it will be processed - BUT, it is not a guarantee of payment. I swear, you can not just get a straight answer with insurance. Anyway, I had the insurance company put me on hold and talk to the fitter (Wrap Lady's) billing person and they ordered them on "good faith" that the insurance will cover the cost. The good news is that they are "in network" and if they agree to pay for them, they will cover 85% of the allowable charges. I will be responsible for the rest. The cost is not pretty though - trust me.

My Farrow Wraps (the easier garments for me to use daily) will take 1 to 2 weeks and the Solaris night garments will take 2 to 3 weeks. I hope they come sooner!


1. My uncle once : was a decorated police officer who got injured in the line of duty

2. Never in my life : have I been to a Broadway show and I live only 12 miles from NYC

3. When I was seventeen : I was a senior is high school

4. High School was : alright...I would go back in time and do it again if I could

5. I will never forget : My wedding day

6. I once met : Little Steven Van Zandt and Meat Loaf

7. There’s this girl I know who : is typing the answers to Sunday Stealing

8. Once, at a bar : I sang karaoke

9. By noon, I’m usually : Ready to go home from work but then realize I still have 5hrs to go

10. Last night : I slept bad

11. If only I had : enough money to pay off my bills, then I would rest easy

12. Next time I go to gym/church : I'll be there

13. Susan Boyle : is an inspiration. I love her voice and see a very bright future ahead of her.
Photobucket
14. What worries me most : is knowing that I will have to start looking for a new job soon since my boss is moving the office 80miles away from my house.

15. When I turn my head left, I see : my kitchen

16. When I turn my head right, I see : window blinds

17. You know I’m lying when : I don't look you in the eye

18. What I miss most about the eighties : Aqua-Net and good music

19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be : Juliet

20. By this time next year : hopefully I will be in a better place with my lymphedema, be employed, and have some of my bills paid off.

21. A better name for me would be : Jodi Presley or Jodi Holloway

22. I have a hard time understanding : why bad things happen to good people

23. If I ever go back to school, I’ll : probably study something in the medical field like transcription, respiratory therapist or x-ray technician.

24. You know I like you if : talk to you

25. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be : My Mom

26. When I compare 80’s rock to 90’s rock : there really is no comparison. Bring back the 80s.

27. Take my advice, never : talk on a cell phone while it is plugged in charging.

28. My ideal breakfast is : Eggs over medium, burnt bacon, and hash browns with coffee & toast

29. A song I love, but do not own is : Susan Boyle's version of "I Dreamed A Dream"

30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest : not drinking the water, it sucks.

31. My favorite Beatle is : John Lennon

32. Why won’t people : drive a little bit slower?

33. If you spend the night at my house : it wouldn't be comfortable unfortunately...we don't have a spare bedroom and the couch needs to be replaced.

34. I’d stop my wedding for : Elvis or Josh "Sawyer" Holloway

35. The world could do without : racism

36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than : actually I'd rather not...gross

37. My favorite blonde is : Josh Holloway since he has blonde highlights

38: Paper clips are more useful than : bite me! (ode to Bud)

39. If I do anything well, it’s : getting along with others

40. And by the way : LOST is the best TV show - Ever!

18 comments:

Phoenix said...

LOL! I really enjoyed your answers and some of ours are very similar. ;) I hope you have a great day and I am glad your wraps are on the way. :)

Coffee Slut said...

hahaha @ #38!
Happy Sunday! Ttys!

Sathyai said...

Josh Holloway is hot. Huh, why could I not think of more blondes?

Hootin Anni said...

My son and I were talking about LOST and all the programs this year....he says it's the best ever too. Love the fact that you'd like to be Jodi Holloway.


My stolen meme is posted. Do stop by if you get a chance. I'd love to have you for company today. Happy Sunday.

Berleen said...

why can't you talk on a cell phone while it's charging? I do it all the time???

Anonymous said...

You met Meat Loaf. That is every shade of awesome.

Joy <--via Sunday Stealing

I am Harriet said...

Aqua net- funny.
I went to a see Wicked on Broadway last year. It was a way less casual experience than I had anticipated.

An Eerie Tapestry said...

Good answers. Liked your alternative names one. I'm also curious as to why you can't talk on a cell phone while it's charging.

Lisa G said...

Can't believe you haven't seen a show. Loved your answers this week, and I'm glad you're sorting out the whole wraps thing. Happy Sunday!

Bud Fisher said...

I am happy for you and the Wrap Lady. It's good to hear it is going well. Oh. You always get to me with your mom. That was nice. What did sing at karaoke? Elvis. Oh. That's a shock...

Kimber said...

Aqua-net and 80's bands! Good times!

Have a great Sunday. :)

Anonymous said...

Burnt toast...yummy. lol

Improbable Joe said...

Lost isn't the best TV show ever... yet. If it can end with some good answers, and not "it was all a dream" or "they were in Purgatory" then it will be the best show ever!

Kitten said...

Glad to see you've resurfaced! Glad to hear things are going better with the Wrap Lady and all.

We like the same breafasts. Only I like my eggs scrambled and my bacon of the turkey variety. I'm hungry!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Really loved reading all your answers. You have a great blog. Hope you will stop by and visit me and meet Parker and Jack

A Blog In The Rough said...

funny answers :)
Man do I ever feel for you about your insurance/medical issues, I could write a book about retard customer service and medical staff!

BTW I gave you an award, check it out :)

Coffee Slut said...

Hope your Monday is not too hectic!
I just awarded you ...even though you already got one, I think you deserve two! Ttys!

Ballerina Girl said...

Hey Jodi!
I have been a little MIA too...
hope that your wraps come quickly! At least the process is finally started.

and I would beg to differ that 24 is the BEST show ever ;)

BG