Friday, August 14, 2009

I Thunk It A Day Late As Usual

(PLEASE NOTE: I will be reading and commenting tonight on my regular blogs. I wanted to get my post up before I left the house!!! )
Hello Everyone! I'm finally recovered from my "day at the beach". I cannot tell you how hot it was there on Monday. I thought I was going to melt on the boardwalk. Now remember, because of my lymphedema in my legs, I have to wear compression stockings. Let's just say compression stockings with jeans over them along with 95 degree weather, do not mix. Trust me. I can't stress it enough.

Yesterday, I took a drive down to see my sister in her new home. That is why my Thunks are a day late and a dollar fifty short. I took two cute pictures of my nephewdogs. (I created a new word)
Here is Chester, the four year old chocolate lab....
Photobucket
Here is Max, the nine year old yellow lab....
Photobucket

Both have Aunt Jodi wrapped around their paws.

Speaking of Aunt Jodi, here is a new pic before I went down there. Before I got dog hair all over my new Elvis shirt.
Photobucket

Onto Thursday Thunks...sorry Kimber & Berleen that I'm late all the time. I know the saying goes, "Better late than never", it has become my mantra.

Photobucket
1. Hypothetical question- you are in a building with famous works of art, old manuscripts of famous novels, and original sheet music from famous composers. The building is on fire and looks to be completely destroyed. Do you grab any of the famous works before fleeing, and if so what?
If it is completely destroyed then why would I grab anything? LOL...OK, maybe you just meant the building. Well, pending the stuff wasn't bolted down, I would grab anything Elvis related. Duh!

2. In August 1969, the Manson family went on a 2 night killing spree. Do you think 40 years later they have paid for their crimes?
I honestly think that if someone takes a life that their life should be taken from them. Not necessarily by death penalty...I think they should be imprisoned for the rest of their life. This Fromme woman that just got released had several run-ins during her prison stay; attacking someone with a hammer and an escape. I don't think 40 years can necessarily rehabilitate a person.

3. Power Outage! What's the longest you have been without power?
Three days and I would not like to ever repeat it thanks.

4. Just bought a new tazer gun. Will you let it be tested it on you to see if it works, and how it feels to be tazered?
Let's not and say we did. Ummmm, NO thanks I'll take a pass on that one. Don't feel like having current shudder through my body and convulse on the ground.

5. A neighbor's mail was delivered to you. In it is a magazine not wrapped in plastic. Is it ok for you to flip through it before giving it to the neighbor? Do you tell them you looked through it?
I will confess!! I have done this with a Cosmopolitan once. When I lived in an apartment complex many moons ago, someone's Cosmo was shoved into my locked mailbox. It wasn't like I could put it into her mailbox since they were all locked boxes. So, I took it up to my apartment and looked through it. I then went to lady's apartment and left it by her apartment door. She lived on another floor. Hey, at least I returned it. LOL And no, I did not tell her I looked through it because I didn't know her.

6. If I went through your purse/wallet right now, what all would I find in there?
Squat. NJ unemployment barely gives you enough to pay your bills let alone have extra for your wallet. I think I have less than $20 in my wallet. I have an almost maxxed out credit card, my driver's license, and my Subway loyalty card. Thanks Jared!!! 79 pounds gone now..woot!!!

7. Have you been living under a rock?
It feels like that sometimes. Now that I have "more time", it doesn't feel like I have "enough". Does that make sense? I feel very lost sometimes.

8. Tell us something crazy you did this week.
OH, this one is EASY. Something crazy would be going to the beach/boardwalk in 95 degree, sunny weather with compression stockings and jeans on. Yep, I did that. Why you ask? Well because my lunatic husband says we needed to "do" something before the summer is over. It was his day off and that is what he wanted "to do". I sweltered, melted, and my legs almost ignited. Yeah, loads of fun. Loads.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Bud Fisher said...

You are nuts to go the beach.I'm sure he appreciated it. And "If it is completely destroyed then why would I grab anything?" summed it up... :)

Staci said...

I have to agree with Bud...you are nuts!!! That had to be just miserable!! Love the photo!!

Mimi Lenox said...

Bless your heart. That must have been awful. Yay on the incredible goal. You are amazing.

Coffee Slut said...

omg Jodi - 79 pounds! Awesome!
Hope you're having a great weekend ...I just got home and I am dripping with sweat. It's nasty out there!
Ttys!