Yesterday ran rather smooth. Work was fine. The commute getting there was a "B". But other than that, it wasn't too busy, it wasn't too slow, like baby bear's porridge, it was just right. When I got home, hubby & I went for our normal Monday night dinner at our favorite Mom & Pop Italian place in town. It is so nice there because Monday's are slow and it usually just us and maybe 2 other tables. So that is cool. We had a nice dinner & I even got leftovers for lunch today. So all is good.
I spoke with my sister 3 times yesterday. She seems to be feeling alot better but since she suffers from depression she is getting it a little bit worse because she really still can't "do anything". The catheter is out thank God, but still she can't really leave the house or go anywhere since her incisions are still really bothering her & she can't do anything strenuous. I keep trying to make her feel better by assuring her the hard part is over and soon she will be feeling much, much better. I assured her that once the stent is out she can go back to work again and get out of the house. I think that is what is adding to the depression. She is not used to being home SO much. She likes to interact with people. So hopefully all will change for her in September.
Today at lunch time I have a nail appointment so I'll have to eat my leftovers at my desk. How attractive that will be - my eating angel hair pasta with meat sauce. I'll be a sight to see. LOL! I get my nails done every 2 weeks. I never used to do it but see the convenience of having a nail salon across the hall from me was just too inviting. Besides her & I became friends and she is all by herself. It is a pleasure going there. It is normally just us and it is nice to get away from the office for an hour. Normally I will eat in the back room by myself but I'm still there...you know what I mean? I unlock the chain twice a month. LOL!
Well I better hustle my butt in gear and get in the shower. I must allow time for me to stop for my iced coffee. Remember, we all have our priorities. Have a Happy Tuesday everyone :)

6 comments:
*Sigh* I USED to have nails, but having to wear vinyl gloves and change them a bajillion times a day kind of ruined them. So now I wear them short and sweet, no polish ...I save that for my toes!
Hope you have a great day!
It is funny because last year I used to do pedicures across the hall...I can only afford one or the other so I opted to do manicures this year. I totally understand about the vinyl gloves thing because I couldn't do it with these. I have "active length" and with waiting 2 weeks they get too long for the computer. I'm on it all day at work doing reservations...then the "clicking" against the keys noise begins to drive me crazy by the 2nd week. LOL! I actually think after the summer is over I will go back to being short and sweet like I used to have prior to April. Much easier and it will save money.
I hope you have a great day off! :)
I love having my nails done and toes I do like to pamper myself
But I have only done it once these summer having my little boy home these summer it seems I don't have tiem for anything I don't even have that much tiem to blog anymore I am busy keep him busy then after that I am tried.
Jodi, your sister my also be going through menopause like me and that is depresing and moody and its just awful I don't even now what to take for my hot flashes there are so many side effects who needs aonther one. But one thing I do know staying home like that can bring you down even more Maybe tell her too star a blog since she can't go out she will at least make frineds on line like we did :)
I know she may feel like she has nothing to write about but all she has been through is enought. It is depressing to be sick and then recoving and going through surgery and then getting well to go through it again that is hard I really feel for her I know I have had surgery before and its hard getting well its not easy to stay at home and just rest after awhile you get tried. Thank God you are there for her I would love to had a sister like you. marinaPS. sorry din't mean to make these so long I guess I am loney too after being with my son all :)
Hi Marina, Thanks for all the advice and well wishes for my sister. Unfortunately my sister doesn't go on the computer. I wish she did because I would have had her reading the blog & she would have left comments. She gets as far as going on jcpenney.com and shopping. Her migraines have been since she was a teenager, she has had them all her life unfortunately. But she is definitely menopausal. Her doctor told her that too so I'm sure it adds to the depression. But she has been a depressed person most of her adult life. It is sad. We have depression in our family but it seemed it affected my sister and my Mom (God rest her soul) the worst. I get depressed too, but not too often and my brother does too. My 2nd sister doesn't..she is the lucky one.
My grand mother suffered from depression as well NOW that I am Menopause I am getting depress but I try and firhgt it off by praying and standing on Gods word and trying to think better asking God to hlep me get over these season in my life. But maybe if you show your sister your blog and your friends that post and other blogs she might get interested.marina
Marina - so you know you are a part of my daily prayers too :)
I hope you are able to get over your depression...lean on the Father just like you said.
I will show her the blog when I go up her house and we are able to go on the computer together. She thanks everyone for all their prayers and support. I do tell her about you all, she just hasn't physically seen it yet for herself. But she does know how everyone asks about her & prays for her. She is VERY appreciative.
Post a Comment