Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day 2008

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MOMS
Today is always a sad day for me because my Mom passed away when I was 18. It never gets easy, even 17yrs later. So, what I do is call up my sisters, wish them a Happy Mothers Day and then try to not think about it or take my mind off of it.

Boy, this weekend flew by. Did you ever notice how the weekend goes by so much faster than any other day of the week? How come is that? I never seem to have enough time on the weekend. Well maybe it is the fact that I try to catch up on my sleep one of the days. Take for instance, Saturday, I got up at 11am. Today I got up at 8:15am, not so bad. I guess it is just that I'm up at 5am every other day of the week.


I actually have been nursing a sinus infection. Of course that is self-diagnosed. I'm so used to getting them that it is a waste of time for me to go the doctor. I tried something new this time. I started taking Mucinex D. That has actually helped me. But it was a lazy weekend. All I got accomplished this weekend was that I uploaded some photos to my computer and some songs to my iPod. Other than that, I was pretty much a bum. Tomorrow it is back to the grind.

5 comments:

marine's words said...

I suffer form sinus infecton all the time so you are not alone,
came by to wish you a Happy Mother days for you cat after all you are his/her mommy ,
And I understand the pain of losing a mom so young so did I.
Blessing,marina

Coffee Slut said...

My mother passed away 13 years ago, and you're right, it doesn't get easier, the pain is still there.

Mucinex rocks! Hope you're feeliing better!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Jodi, I knew when I wrote all of my Mother's Day stuff that it would be hard for some people who have lost their mothers to read yet another tribute, but I was torn because I do want to honor my mom while she is with me, and for me, as a writer, one of the best ways I can do that is write about/to her. But all three of my sisters-in-law have lost their mothers, so I am reminded that it is a hard day for so many people. I'm sorry that you are one of those for whom it is also a hurtful day. I don't mean to sound sappy, but I just wanted you to know I do care although I may have seemed insensitive in my writing. --Mucinex: My friends swear by it. I hope you feel better. I'm going to tag you tomorrow for a very short, very easy meme in a book review I'm doing. I hope you're OK with that. If not, that's OK.

marine's words said...

Hey , girl came by to see what you thought of American Idol tonight.
Be bless,
marina

Ruthie said...

I can understand how Mother's Day would be an unhappy day for you. My husband's mom passed away 8 years ago and it's still hard for him.

I came by to tell you how awesome I thought David Cook was tonight. I am actually planning to buy his version of "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" -- I was stunned, in a good way. He is slowly winning me over -- his eyes looked very sincere tonight, if that makes any difference!