
I have a long commute to my job. It is 45 miles but takes anywhere from 1hr 15 mins to 1hr 45 mins each way depending on traffic. If any of you have seen the Sopranos "opening" song with Tony driving on the main highway, that is pretty much all I see. So that leaves me with alot of time to "think". Normally, I listen to my Elvis Cd's or to morning radio shows but today, I just "thought". I thought about alot of stuff that irks me. I would like to share it with you all. If you have any of the same quirks or would like to share yours with me, please feel free to comment. I don't mean any disrespect by this list. I just need to post down stuff that has been bothering me as of late.
What bothers me about New Jersey
- Governor John Corzine and his "Save Our State" plan
- Toll costs
- Gas prices
- Road conditions - holes and construction everywhere!
What bothers me about commuting
- See above #2 and #3 and #4
- How no matter how fast you drive, it is not fast enough. If I am doing 60 miles an hour in the slow lane and the speed limit is 55 I get some moron behind me "flashing their headlights" at me. There are 3 lanes to my left, why don't they use them?
- Inconsiderate drivers
- Lane changers. Yes, they will get there 1 minute faster!
- People who don't turn off their turn signal (when it doesn't go off automatically)
- People who have road rage
- People who in traffic drive on the shoulder and get away with it
- In traffic when you move up a foot & the person behind you follows suit and almost rear-ends you each time.
- The biggest thing that irks me is TRAFFIC!!!!
- New Jersey congestion on the roadways. Too many cars!!
Now onto Television:
What bothers me about American Idol
- Randy saying everyone is "pitchy".
- It actually doesn't bother me because normally it is funny but just had to mention that Paula sometimes just doesn't make sense and everyone is a "bright shining star". Too funny!
- This does bother me though - how Simon can never let Paula get out what she wants to say & I think that is Paula's problem. He keeps interrupting her & she loses her train of thought.
- Simon's eye rolls
- How Ryan always brings us to a commercial when he is eliminating people.
What bothers me about LOST
- How Charlie is forgotten already. In LOST time, he has only been dead what - a couple of days? The only mention in the last episode was Claire saying Charlie said it wasn't Penny's boat. I'm also perturbed that they didn't show her finding the Drive Shaft ring in Aaron's bassinet and also Desmond hadn't given her the list Charlie put in his pocket when he knocked him out.
- Jack - just in general (forgive me Jack fans...I can't help it!)
- Kate ALWAYS having to go on a mission. She can never stay put.
- The new people that came to "rescue" them.
- Those whispers
My goodness, what got into me this afternoon. Well, I just needed to "get that out". It is just stuff that bothers me. I want to see if any of you have similar idiosyncrasies like I have or if you have others you would like to share.
I promise my next post will be more positive. LOL! Thanks for "listening" to me vent.
3 comments:
Yes! THANK YOU! I totally agree with the "pitchy" comments. No way is EVERY single song "pitchy, dawg."
Thanks Beej! I'm watching AI right now and there were already 2 "pitchy" momemts Dawg!! LOL!
Fun stuff. I got so carried away in fixing up my new blog design tonight that i couldn't pay close enough attention, but i Tivo'd it, so I'll post soon. I liked your comments and agree about Chikezie. I hate his style at first-thought it was cruise ship quality. Now I've changed my mind.
Post a Comment