I Officially Have Now Seen It All
Well, what a day today was! I had a very busy day at work today & when I got home this evening, my hubby and I decided to go out to our favorite Italian place for dinner. We like to go there on Mondays because it is very quiet. Well we got to the restaurant, and there was only one other table taken. We ordered and had gotten our salads when another couple came in & sat two tables from us. All was good.
About 5 minutes into them being there the man stood up and went to hand the waitress his menu back and almost fell forward into her & instead caught himself on the table. It caused a stir because the table shook and it got the attention of us and the other couple sitting there. Next he hollers out to the waitress to hurry up & call 911 because he was having chest pains & that he felt like he had just blacked out. So all of us start to actually silently panic. But we kept our cool. He was asking out loud if anyone had aspirins. Then, his much younger wife ran out to their car & came back with a makeup case & they gave him aspirin while we waited for the ambulance to get there.
Now is where the weird part comes in. Apparently, they were meeting his son & one of his friends for dinner. They both show up & he stands up & hugs them & then proceeds to tell them both that 911 was called because he was having chest pains.
The 2 men who were I would say in their late 20s sit down & proceed to look at a menu. Yes, you read correctly. I just couldn't believe this. First, a police officer came to assess the situation. He assured the man that both an ambulance & the paramedics were dispatched. When the EMT's came in they began to take his vitals. We learned that he was diabetic, 54yrs old & this was his second marriage. As this was going on, his son began to place an order with our waitress. I sat there stunned. How could he think of food at a time like this. Our waitress was very concerned & stood with the couple & was speaking to the police officer telling him what happened, how he blacked out in front of her & complained of chest pains. (Please take note that she did not put in the son's order because she figured that they were going to take him to the ER) The paramedics came shortly thereafter & decided that he would indeed need to go the hospital. They all went outside & did whatever else they needed to do for this man in the paramedic ambulance. THEN, when you think they all were just going to head over to the hospital, the son comes in and asks if his order was ready. It was like everyone at once stopped what they were doing and looked up at him. The waitress said to him, "I'm sorry, I didn't put it in, because I thought you were going to the hospital". He then replies to her, "Yeah, but nothing stops this family from food". So she had to put a rush in on the order. About 5 minutes later, the paramedics take him away to the hospital, lights blaring. Meanwhile his son & his stepmother are waiting for their order so they can take it to the hospital with them. They left about 10 minutes later. I guess everyone has their priorities.
The 2 men who were I would say in their late 20s sit down & proceed to look at a menu. Yes, you read correctly. I just couldn't believe this. First, a police officer came to assess the situation. He assured the man that both an ambulance & the paramedics were dispatched. When the EMT's came in they began to take his vitals. We learned that he was diabetic, 54yrs old & this was his second marriage. As this was going on, his son began to place an order with our waitress. I sat there stunned. How could he think of food at a time like this. Our waitress was very concerned & stood with the couple & was speaking to the police officer telling him what happened, how he blacked out in front of her & complained of chest pains. (Please take note that she did not put in the son's order because she figured that they were going to take him to the ER) The paramedics came shortly thereafter & decided that he would indeed need to go the hospital. They all went outside & did whatever else they needed to do for this man in the paramedic ambulance. THEN, when you think they all were just going to head over to the hospital, the son comes in and asks if his order was ready. It was like everyone at once stopped what they were doing and looked up at him. The waitress said to him, "I'm sorry, I didn't put it in, because I thought you were going to the hospital". He then replies to her, "Yeah, but nothing stops this family from food". So she had to put a rush in on the order. About 5 minutes later, the paramedics take him away to the hospital, lights blaring. Meanwhile his son & his stepmother are waiting for their order so they can take it to the hospital with them. They left about 10 minutes later. I guess everyone has their priorities. I have now seen it all.
1 comment:
Un.be.lievable. I'm speechless.
Post a Comment