Friday, January 2, 2009

I Got Sucked Right In

I did it again! Yesterday I got sucked right into it. The "Rocky" Marathon on AMC. I don't know how it happened. It just did. Actually, it was my hubby's fault. He was channel surfing and I was getting tired of it because the way men do it is SO annoying. They go by the channels so fast that you barely have time to see what is on. I tried hard to focus during each click so I could find something I may want to watch.

And there they were.

Rocky and Adrian in the pet store. I screamed STOP! to my hubby so he would stop pushing that damn button. He knew what would happen so he quickly went past the channel. I then had to threaten his life. He knew it was inevitable so he sighed and put the channel back on. What normally happens - happened. I got sucked right in.

I don't know what it is, but I love the Rocky movies. I'm not sure if it is the boyish innocence of Rocky in the first two movies or the accent or even the Italian thing. I just adore Rocky Balboa.

In Rocky (one) I love the courtship between Rocky and Adrian. They didn't have any money but were rich in so many other ways. I thought it was so funny how she hid behind the door on their first date and Rocky was talking to her through the door. How he would say "It's me, Rocky." I love how he took her ice skating and jogged by her side on the ice. When they got back to his apartment I drooled when he took his sweater off and held his hands up on the bar in his apartment wearing that white tank top. Holy Moly. The white tank top, the black jeans, the muscles - I don't know what it is but man I loved that part. Rocky just had this boyish innocence about him. I can't explain it. Some might call him being dumb, but I think he was just being him. If that makes sense.

Examples:
"I just want to say hi to my girlfriend, OK? Yo, Adrian! It's me, Rocky."
"Yeah, that's me when I was eight years old, that's the Italian Stallion when he was a baby."
"I wanna kiss ya-ya don't have to kiss me back if ya don't feel like it."
"I think we make a real sharp couple of coconuts - I'm dumb, you're shy, whaddaya think, huh?"

In Rocky 2, I thought it was so cute how Rocky proposed to Adrian. "I was wonderin' if, uh, you wouldn't mind marryin' me very much." Then after the wedding how he carried her all the way home to his apartment. "If I knew you was this light, I'd have carried you everywhere." Being the mush that I am, I got emotionally involved. For example, I was pissed at Adrian when she wouldn't support him. I cried along side Rocky when Adrian is in the coma and Mickey waits the entire time with him. My heart broke as he read to her and would fall asleep holding her hand leaning on the bed. I thought it was bittersweet how he wanted to wait to see his son for the first time so they "could see him together." I'm throwing my fist in the air when Adrian says "I want you to win" after she comes out of the coma. How he kept telling her "you done good Adrian, you did all the work," after they saw their son for the first time.

I have to say that the first two Rockys are my favorite.

Now onto my third favorite Rocky and this may be a shock to alot of people. I absolutely loved Rocky Balboa (#6) . That movie really was excellent. I cried for maybe the entire movie. All I will say is this. When Rocky promised he would love Adrian forever, he really meant it. I won't give it away if any of you haven't seen it and plan to, I don't want to ruin it. It really is worth the view. My opinion of course. Has anyone seen it or does anyone else out there share my love for Rocky Balboa??

The good news for my husband was I shut the TV off after Rocky 2. I wasn't in the mood for Mr.T or that mean Russian man. I was happy seeing my two favorites.

6 comments:

Scriber's Web said...

I only saw Rocky 1 but loved it.

I know what you mean about the remote control. It is in their genes. They just can't help it! LOL.

Glad you are having a relaxing time.

Have a fabulous day my friend! I am watching a west wing marathon. And of course, Judge Judy!

Coffee Slut said...

The only thing I watch lately is CSI. Hey ....isn't AI starting up in Jan?
I was never into Stallone ...sorry! I did drool over Vinny Barbarino ...does that count?
Hope you're having a marvelous day!

Brenda Susan said...

You are just too funny & cute! Can you picture Rocky & Elvis having a great time together? Ha!

Jodi said...

SW - Glad you liked Rocky. I loved that movie alot. - Men and remotes..ugh!! LOL! Have a great night my friend.

Sue - People either like Stallone or don't like him..I never really find anywhere in between with people. Isn't that weird how you mentioned Vinny Barbarino...did you hear about John Travolta's son dying in the Bahamas today? OMG! I couldn't believe it...I just heard about it a few minutes ago. --- AI is on soon yes, I think the auditions start. I love that part. Have a great night my friend!!!

Brenda - Thanks :) That would be funny Elvis with Rocky. LOL! You know I'm thinking that Elvis saw Rocky since it was on in 1976. Hmmmm??? LOL!!!

Amber said...

LOL...Oh man, you and my Mr would get along so great with this topic. I can't stand the Rocky movies personally, but each and every time they show the Rocky series on TV he's right there watching them, and even managed to make me sit through (he almost tied me to the couch!) Rocky Balboa (he went and caught it in the theaters when it came out), which I didn't mind as much as I thought I would. I've never actually watched any of the other movies from the series cause I can't stand cheese, I'm like that with 80's comedies and the like as well...lol
Glad there's more fans than just my Mr.

Unknown said...

I can totally relate. I love the Rocky Saga...I hate it that Adrian was not in the last one that they did.