Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Random Dozen Early

I'm posting Random Dozen now because I don't feel much like "talking" today. I had a really bad day. I don't want to get into it, because I'll get all worked up again. I just calmed down. All I will say is this: I really hate when people disrespect others. It is not nice and uncalled for. Especially when you make someone feel bad about themselves and question what they are doing. I have to remember that I can't allow someone to steal my joy. But it is easier said than done.

Plus, I have a HUGE mid-term exam next week that I am preparing for. I haven't done this in ALOT of years so I am really nervous about it. Also, we are getting ready to take half of our national test too. (business & administrative portion). In June we will take the clinical portion). Ugh! Posting this then I'm off to study and then watch LOST! I'll be back tomorrow to read & comment my bloggy friends!! Hugs to you all!



1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
I have a pair of Timberlands from 1994.
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?
When we were at the Mall on Saturday, Larry bought a box of Thin Mints from the Girl Scouts there. You will be proud. Out of the whole box, I only had one!

3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?
No and No.

4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?
Yes, I was raised only by my Mom and she really was very strict. As were the nuns in grammar school and high school. Really strict.

5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?
None. But I do want to see "The Blind Side", "Precious", and "Crazy Heart"

6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?
I can do either. PLUS, in the near future I will be the one drawing the blood so I better be able to handle it. LOL

7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Saturdays now because Larry has off!!! We waited almost 15yrs for this!

8. Do you miss anyone right now?
My Mom - always.

9. Do hospitals make you queasy?
No. I wouldn't be going into the health field if they did. I'd be in trouble.

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.
Amazon.com

11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?
I will buy generic or store brands EXCEPT: I will never, ever stray from Heinz Ketchup, Hellmans Light Mayo, Bacos Bacon bits, and Kraft Fat Free Catalina. Sometimes you just can't stray from certain brand names.

12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?
I think both are difficult, especially if there is something negative that is being said.

3 comments:

Scriber's Web said...

Hugs my friend! Hope you have a better day today! And anyone who wants to rain on your parade or sunshine just blow them off. Fuhget about them. Ultimately the only person who counts is you. Are you proud of your accomplishments and hard work? I say you deserve to be extremely proud of yourself. Have a happy day!

Bud Fisher said...

You're becoming a vampire! We are both SO into Amazon... :)

~Kristen~ said...

Sending you BIG [[[hugs}}} my friend!!! I hope you are feeling better about whatever happened. I agree with you that there is no excuse for disrespecting others. It makes me sad when my friends are hurt by something like that.

On a lighter note, I could so totally max out my cc on Amazon!!! I looooove Amazon!!! :-)