Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random Dozen & A Bit More

I've been having a BUSY week so far. This week I have school Monday through Thursday all day & hospice externship all day Friday. We are going to the lab on Thursday. My teacher is going to show us where our clinicals will take place. Should be interesting.

Monday I was a bit late for school because as I was leaving, I came out my apartment door and noticed a puddle of water right in front of my door. We share a hallway with the lady upstairs from us. I will give you the Cliff Notes version. Her hot water heater broke and leaked in her closet which is above our doorway. Luckily outside the apartment. Right before the entrance door we both share. When I saw the water, I went to turn the light on to see what was going on. As I touched the light switch I felt water dripping on my hand. The light switch and wall were both soaked. Thank the good Lord I didn't get electrocuted. I ran to the car, dropped off my bookbag and went to the super's apartment. I also almost fell on my ass three times slipping on black ice. I can never win. Anyway, I called my upstairs neighbor on her cell phone. She works in NYC and leaves here around 5:30am. She gave the super and I permission to go in her apartment. We had to go in and move furniture and a boatload of stuff out of her closet to get to a second interior closet (within the closet) which housed the hot water heater. Luckily we got in and the super was able to shut off the valve. Alot of the stuff in her closet was destroyed. I felt bad for her. Thank God that nothing went into my apartment!! Problem avoided. I've had enough drama the past few weeks!

Now onto the weekly feature...


1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason?
I prefer even numbers for some strange reason. Not sure why. I always liked the number 2 and 12 and 24. Must be the twos.

2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you?
One...seriously. I am very hard on myself.

3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered
I guess talkative. Depends on who I am with though.

4. How lucky do you consider yourself?
I am unlucky in some aspects of my life. However, I am very lucky & blessed in other aspects of my life. I have a wonderful family, great friends, and now with school, hopefully I will find a great job once I graduate.

5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written?
I'm not sure what my favorite post was. Probably something about my cat Harley.

6. Describe March weather where you live in three words.
Freezing, Snowy, and Icy

7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery)
Pretty apt.

8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking?
I'm ashamed to say but not very green at all.

9. What is your favorite song this week?
There is this new female singer/guitarist. Her name is Orianthi. She is AMAZING! She is a female Eddie Van Halen who can sing. She was Michael Jackson's lead guitarist on his "This Is It" tour but obviously things changed. Her song "According To You" has been stuck in my head. PLEASE give her a listen. You have to watch her guitar solo. I am also going to post a video of her doing a Michael Jackson song guitar solo as well. Let me know what you think.
Orianthi ~ "According To You" (guitar solo at 2:10 mark)

Orianthi ~ "Beat It" guitar solo alongside MJ. ---> Amazing!

10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up?
At least a nickel on heads of course.

11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...."
I see snow! I keep hoping it will be spring.

12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born?
"Song Sung Blue" by Neil Diamond

9 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

No way @ #12 ...I remember buying the 45! Dang I'm old!

sheila said...

Same for me on #11! lol

Congrats on your stuff not being ruined! That could have been horrible! Poor upstairs lady though.

SouthLakesMom said...

What a good neighbor you were to stop and help! So glad you didn't get fried!

Song Sung Blue -- I loved Neil Diamond when I was younger!

Enough snow. I agree!

Joyce said...

Wow-you're lucky! That fits with the random today : )

I'm in the Northwest corner of NJ...we moved here in July. I grew up in Cherry Hill though-the opposite end of the state : )

Bud Fisher said...

I was already a DJ when Neil recorded that gem. Holy Moly! I am old. :) I think my fav post of yours in when you talk about your mom. You have such a great attitude about the 18 years you had with her. But I think because we are good friends, I like all your posts...

~Kristen~ said...

OMG you really have had enough drama this week huh?! You were so sweet to be willing to get to school late to help out your neighbor, though! Thank God your home is ok!!!

I have never heard of Orianthi. I will have to watch the videos when I get home. I tend to be hopelessly out of touch with newer music...I always go back to the older stuff I love. I tried watching the Grammy's this year...could barely sit through it, till they brought out some older acts.

Mocha with Linda said...

Now my brain has switched from "You're So Vain" to "Song Sung Blue"!

Cathy said...

I used to love that song by Neal Diamond!!!

Nel said...

Wow, You are lucky it did not do any damage downstairs. Enjoyed your answers. Thanks for sharing.

until next time... nel