Sue - I remember it too! Such a sad day. I love the Beatles and John is my favorite one. For the weekend, Saturday we are going to a HUGE wrestling signing. I am dreading this because there are so many people there. Too many lines. Sunday is our 11th wedding anniversary. Hubby actually has off of work! He took the weekend off for the signing and our anniversary. So I actually get to see him in the daylight hours. I know you know that feeling too. It is so hard having opposite days off. What are your plans? Do you have another half day? SO glad it is Friday tomorrow! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and a safe commute :) Say no to stress!! LOL
You know...ALL day I kept thinking today is someone's birthday, I hope I'm not forgetting someone's birthday...and it was John. Sigh...he was an amazing man, truly.
John Lennon was my hero. I remember hearing the very first Beatles song and thinking, "Wow, this is unique." I still have a huge photo of him in the WTIT Studio.
When he was assasinated, I cried. I had friends I had not heard from in a decade calling me to be sure I was ok.
Thanks for remembering John. Nothing has ever been the same...
Bud - I loved him too and he is/was my favorite Beatle. When I went to Strawberry Fields and The Dakota last year it was chilling for me. You are right, nothing has been the same. It just pisses me off that the bastard that killed him gets the right to a hearing every 2 years to get paroled and John is gone and can never come back. I'm glad they keep that scum in jail and hope he rots there.
8 comments:
so sad I like the beatles they may have gotten together had he live they said "with out john there was no beatles : my his soul rest in peace. marina
I agree Marina, what a tragic way he died too. Such a talented man, it really is a shame. May he rest in peace.
echoing the same...may he rest in peace and may his family live knowing that he touched many lives with his incredible music
BG
It was a sad day, I remember being so shocked.
One more day until your weekend! Any plans?
Have a safe commute and a stress-free day at work tomorrow!
BG - He sure did touch so many lives..
Sue - I remember it too! Such a sad day. I love the Beatles and John is my favorite one.
For the weekend, Saturday we are going to a HUGE wrestling signing. I am dreading this because there are so many people there. Too many lines. Sunday is our 11th wedding anniversary. Hubby actually has off of work! He took the weekend off for the signing and our anniversary. So I actually get to see him in the daylight hours. I know you know that feeling too. It is so hard having opposite days off. What are your plans? Do you have another half day? SO glad it is Friday tomorrow! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and a safe commute :) Say no to stress!! LOL
You know...ALL day I kept thinking today is someone's birthday, I hope I'm not forgetting someone's birthday...and it was John. Sigh...he was an amazing man, truly.
John Lennon was my hero. I remember hearing the very first Beatles song and thinking, "Wow, this is unique." I still have a huge photo of him in the WTIT Studio.
When he was assasinated, I cried. I had friends I had not heard from in a decade calling me to be sure I was ok.
Thanks for remembering John. Nothing has ever been the same...
Janet - He truly was an amazing man.
Bud - I loved him too and he is/was my favorite Beatle. When I went to Strawberry Fields and The Dakota last year it was chilling for me. You are right, nothing has been the same. It just pisses me off that the bastard that killed him gets the right to a hearing every 2 years to get paroled and John is gone and can never come back. I'm glad they keep that scum in jail and hope he rots there.
Post a Comment