Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...
Dianne, my heart breaks for you. Please know how very truly sorry I am. There are no words that I can say that can help ease your pain. ♥ When your sister told me this morning my heart broke for you! Please know you are in my prayers and to be assured that St Francis will keep him safe until you are together again.

13 comments:
OMG! I am so sorry. What happened?
Sending positive thoughts your way and Diane's way.
I believe in Rainbow Bridge and feel that all my babies are there waiting for m.
Dianne, hugs to you and your family.
that is a wonderful story of Rainbow Bridge...and I hope that when my time comes I am reuntied with all of my furry friends too!
I am sorry for your friend and her pet...
BG
Thank you for caring and understanding. There is such a large hole in my heart and the tears keep flowing and I miss him so much.
And thank you to all your blogger friends for their kind words.
D
That is very sad to hear. I didn't know about the Rainbow Bridge belief until I started doing Peace Globes and met so many cat bloggers (there are TONS of them). Over the years I've seen this type of post over and over. Very sweet. Sorry for your friend.
I had never heard this before. I am SO sorry for your friend's loss. I hope your weekend was great, my friend...
Jodi, that was so beautiful! Thank you so much for this touching post! This was so sudden for my poor sister, and my heart hurts along with hers. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend!
SW, Shannon, BG, Mimi, and Bud - Thank you so much for your kind words. Today I found out about the sudden and unexplained passing of a treasured pet of Sue's (Coffee Slut) sister's Dianne's cat. You all know how much of an animal lover I am so this affected me very much. Dianne has been so sweet, kind and caring to me with all of Harley's recent medical problems he has been having the past few months. Plus, I am very close with Sue so, to hear about his death made me extremely sad and I wanted to leave a little memorial for a cat that filled alot of people's lives with love.
Dianne - Really, words cannot express how deeply sorry I am for what happened to Einstein. I cannot even imagine what you are going through. My heart breaks for you. I wish I could give you a big hug. Just know that he is safe in the arms of St Francis and you will be together someday. I wish I could do something to take your pain away. You know how much of an animal lover I am so this really affected me today so much. You are in my prayers. If you need anything, please let me know.
Sue - My heart hurts for you guys SO much. I know how much you loved Einstein too. This was a sudden and unexplained death and that makes it all the more worse. I wish there was something I could do for your sister and for you. I wanted to make the post, but I would like to do something more.
Know Dianne and you are in my prayers. Please give a big hug to Dianne on Wednesday for me. You are a beautiful friend too. I am truly blessed.
I love this poem but it makes me cry all the time, and I do hope it really comes true as I can't wait to see them once again.
I do hope everyone the best with their loss in this sad time.
Lyn - You are a sweetheart.
Peace and positive thoughts!
Post a Comment