Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Friday To All

I can't believe Christmas is over. I hate to say it, but I am glad. Christmas is always a sad time for me because it makes me miss my mother even more. She will be dead 18yrs come this May, but is just never gets easier. It is strange to me because she was only alive for 18yrs of my life and now in May she will be gone as many. Weird.

Anyway, onto brighter, more happy things. Above is a picture of my Harley on Christmas. He was a ham for the camera this year. My hubby and I had a very nice day at home. It was just us & Harley. Christmas Eve we went to his parents. Again, very nice.
The above picture is Harley sleeping on top of one of the three toy mice he received. He loved them so much. He looked so comfortable. He sleeps every night on top of that blanket that Auntie Dianne got him. (thank you again!!) Sue, he is is still loving that toy you got him and that cat mat..I think he is still stoned from it. He is high on catnip. LOL! Thank you again SO much!

The above picture I had to show you all. I think I may have mentioned that Harley sleeps "in a ball". This is what I'm talking about. How cute is this. He has one nostril exposed. I always worry about him breathing OK when he is in this position. I'm sure if he couldn't breathe he would adjust himself, but I'm still a worry-wart.

Jenny came over on Christmas Eve to visit us. I took a better picture of her tattoo. The other one was with a camera phone. Isn't it beautiful? I just want to share with everyone...this is Jenny's calf (the middle of it no less)! I told her she may have the skinniest legs I've ever seen.

The above is her hand with a Kanji Japanese symbol for STRENGTH. My sister is the strongest person I know so this tattoo is perfect for her.
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
That is all for my pictures. I just wanted to share a little bit of the past few days with you all. Nothing new to report. I still have not gotten in touch with NJ Unemployment. I can't even believe it. A whole week I've been laid off. Thank God this is only for two weeks. I can't even imagine if it was a permanent lay-off. I feel SO sorry for the people who are permanently laid off & cannot reach unemployment. It is very sad that our government is like this. Our Governor sucks. The end of his term can't come soon enough.

OK, on that note, I will close this post. I apologize for my little tangent, but I get so frustrated just thinking about it. Like I said in a previous post. It is what it is. I will make the best of it. Everyone, have a wonderful Friday!!!

6 comments:

Bud Fisher said...

These days we are worried about jobs. If not for ourselves, for those we care about. I hope you enjoy your two weeks off and the financial aspect isn't overwhekming. Happy Friday, my friend...

Lisa G said...

I always love your Harley posts. Is he shaved--I just noticed the puff on his tail!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Harley gets cuter and cuter. I love how he sleeps.

Stephanie said...

I know of many that have lost their jobs and there are some close to me that will know soon if they will be without one the beginning of the year. It is the saddest thing ever.

Harley is definitely a little cutie.

I am sure the holidays are super hard without your mom. I know that I think of my little brother and that my mom has a harder time than anyone around this time. My heart is with you!

Coffee Slut said...

Harley is soooo adorable ..what a ham!
Christmas is hard for me too, that's why I do my earring thing ...it helps a little.
LOVE Jenny's tats ...tell her I think they're beautiful!
I wish I could give you my minutes!
Hugs to all!

A Blog In The Rough said...

Please don't apologize about ranting, actually it's not a rant, you're just letting out frustrations positively to ppl who care about you! At least your not drinking or doing other "bad" things :)
Loved the tats!