Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rain falls hard from the night sky,
Saturating the ground
Mixing with tears as
The salt drips on her lips
Her heart drowns as
She watches him leave
Shivering in the bitter cold night
Will this pain end or
Just numb as time passes
Questions left unanswered
Words left unspoken
Her tears not dried
Crying out,
"Why?"

-Jodi F. © 2008
**Inspired by the rain & hearing a woman's story from "Secret Millionaire"

10 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

Wow ...BEAUTIFUL!

Jodi said...

Sue - Thank you my friend. I hope you have a beautiful day & a safe commute.

Scriber's Web said...

It is awesome! You paint such a vivid picture with words. It invokes pain.

I don't watch much TV. But my hubby taped Secret M. episodes for me and told me I must watch it. So I will this weekend. He says that Fox has hit on something really big. And something about values. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Have a safe commute and a fabulous Friday my friend:)

A Blog In The Rough said...

very nice, I like it :)

Jodi said...

SW - Thank you SO much my friend! I'm glad you liked it. You know I always value your opinion.

Secret Millionaire is a great show. I loved the first episode the best with the blonde millionaire man and his son in Imperial Beach. Let me know what you think when you see it.

Lyn - Thank you SO much, I really appreciate it.

Crushed said...

That was quite touching, very bittersweet...

Loss with hope..

Stephanie said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Brenda Susan said...

Beautiful words.
Jodi I want to let you know that you have been tagged by me, come see what it's about ok?

Jodi said...

Crushed, Steph, Brenda, & Linda - Thank you all very, very much!!

Tab Calhoun said...

Lovely (and sad).