Thanks to Judd & his super cool blog called Sunday Stealing, this is my week's answers:
1. gone on a blind date?
Yes, more than one of them. The last one was a keeper though. I married him almost 11 years ago!
2. skipped school?
I think I may have pretended to be sick when I wasn't. I never made my Mom believe I was going to school and didn't go & played hookie. The nuns would have had my hide and made me do 20 rosaries if I did that.
3. watched someone die?
Yes. I was holding her hand as my mother passed away. She had been sick with lung cancer that spread to her brain. She had all four of her children with her. Nothing in my whole life will ever compare to that. I still see her face staring up at the light above her hospital bed. She had the most beautiful green eyes in the world. Even when she died, they were so beautiful and she looked at peace. I was a living wreck but that is a whole other story.
4. been on a plane?
OK, this is the funny part. I am a corporate travel agent & I am terrified to fly. I've been on planes before. I did not like them just because I don't get the whole gravity and how it stays up there with all that weight. But the real kicker was with 9/11. I had a client who was supposed to be on UA flt 93. The plane that crashed in Pennsylvania. He had called me the Friday before to cancel his reservation because his meeting got postponed. So for me..that was the turning point of my going on planes. Thank God that meeting got canceled or he would have died.
5. been on the opposite side of your country?
Yes, I live in NJ and I have been to California. (back when I would fly) The last time I flew was my honeymoon back in 1997.
6. swam in the ocean?
I have swam in the Atlantic and put my feet in the Pacific.
7. had your booze taken away by the cops?
Nope
8. lettered in high school sport?
Nope
9. cried yourself to sleep?
Yes
10. played cops and robbers?
No
11. sung karaoke?
Yes, on many, many occasions in my early 20s. I even won a contest once. Ok, it was 25 bucks but still. LOL
12. paid for a meal with coins only?
Well, once in my early 20s when McDonalds value meals were $2.99 I once paid for one of them with a single dollar and the rest in quarters. That is the closest I got.
13. done something you told yourself you wouldn’t?
Yes & I still regret it to this day.
14. cheated on an exam?
No, I was afraid of the nuns.
15. made prank phone calls?
Yes, when I was in grammar school and a freshman in high school. They didn't have caller ID then. LOL! It was fun but very harmless.
16. laughed until some sort of beverage came out of your nose?
Yes, once with coffee (big surprise) and once with soda. That was bad because the soda fizzed in my nose and burned a bit. It made me choke though. But luckily I survived.
17. caught a snowflake on your tongue?
Yes
18. written a letter to Santa Claus?
No
19. watched the sunrise with someone you care about?
Yes
20. been kissed under the misteltoe?
Yes...well not really hanging mistletoe. He held it over our heads and we kissed under it.
21. ever been arrested?
Nope.
22. gone ice skating?
No way. I'm scared of ice. I'd probably break my ass and my back...and maybe even a leg or two.
23. been skinny dipping outdoors?
No
24. had a nickname?
Yes.
25. been on TV?
Yes. I once was an audience member of the old Richard Bey show. He kept coming over to me & asking me questions and making me talk with the guests he had on his panel. I had a bit of air time. Enough for a friend that lived in California to call me up & say she saw me on his show. LOL!
14 comments:
GREAT answers! I have to go do mine real quick now then head to my sister's so we can leave on our little trip!
Have a beautiful day!
# 3 teared me up.
I'm a little scared of flying also. But I love to travel. I have some friends who take an anti anxiety pill or a sleeping for longer flights.
Over the years, I've developed a system of dealing with this.
1. Have a drink before the flight.
2. Sit in an Aisle seat. Helps with the claustrophobia.
3. During take off, say a prayer and bless all the passengers, the crew, the plane etc. and tell God that I am placing my total trust in you. Please deliver us all safely to our destination.
4. Have a drink on the flight and a bottle of water.
5. Read a book.
6. Say another prayer during landing.
7. Thank God when we reach safely.
Kinda odd ritual but works for me.
:)
wow! Jodi that was scary about your client 9-11 I saw the whole thing happen I was giving my son his bottle when the first plane hit then the 2 & 3rd, it was very scarey and "(
it is hard to see your mom died and say good bye I was only 29 but I still needed her how much more did you need her at your age. ( there is nothing like a mothers love and never well be) I still miss her"(
I agree with scriber's web - I always pray before I fly during and after too that is all we can do is trust in God we are help less.
and (scriber's web- I am claustrophoboa too and dirve my husband crazy about it b/c he is a marine and is tough!( he drives me crazy too LOL!!! marina
we have so much in common. its scary!
Laughing at "No.I was afraid of the nuns."
You weren't kidding were you....
My Sunday Stealing is here. Come on over to the castle!
Love your answers--have a great sunday :)
Your story of your mom was touching. I was not surprised it was coffee that went out your nose. Sorry that I missed you on TV. Call first, next time 'kay?
Sue - I hope you are having a fantastic time on your trip!! Happy Sunday!
Scriber's web - #3, I know, it still is painful 17yrs later. Thanks for the advice for the plane. I still don't know if I'll do it again though.
Marina - it was the hardest thing I ever had to go through. Nothing will ever compare.
Debbie - Tell me about it! LOL
Mimi - I was dead serious...they were fierce! LOL
Nurseexec - Thanks! You too, have a great Sunday!
Bud - yeah, #3 what I wrote about my Mom still affects me very much 17yrs later. BTW, I promise to call next time I'm going to be on TV so you won't miss it! ;) -- Also, with the coffee thing, it is just a typical Jodi thing to happen.
great answers!
deana - thanks!! :)
some nuns can be scary but in the old days. marina
Ps, Jodi those nuds where not Mary Teyler
as a nun falling in love with Elvis
") rememeber that move, marina
Jodi thank you for the comment you left on my blog I am really touch by it I hope someday we can we can talk to each other that would be fun. any mail me anytime.love,
marina
You have a big heart!!
Who is Richard Bey?
Marina - Yes, I know that movie. It is called "Change of Habit". It was a very good Elvis movie. You are very welcome about my comment. You have a big heart too ♥
Linda - Richard Bey was a talk show host in the early 90s. He had his own show.
Post a Comment