The people I am about to list were all during grammar school. Hence childhood crushes. One day I will list my teenage crushes. Please note that Elvis has lasted the longest. I heard a song of his when I was 4yrs old and I never turned back.

Dean Butler who played Almanzo Wilder on Little House on the Prairie. From the moment he appeared in Walnut Grove, I had a crush on him. He was just adorable. I loved his character and how he was so naive in the beginning.

Tom Wopat who played Luke Duke on The Dukes of Hazzard. Most people liked John Schneider. I went for the brunette.

Henry Winkler who played Fonzie on Happy Days. I just loved Fonzie. I don't know why. For some reason, I thought he was so cool. Now I watch reruns of the show and realize he was just a big of nerd as Richie was. Just different.

Bruce Springsteen during Born in the USA era. Just one video started it all for me. "Dancing In The Dark".

Michael Nader who played Dex Dexter on Dynasty. Don't know whether it was the dark hair or that he always whispered. Maybe it was the scar. For some reason, I always found him SO good looking.
Lastly is a childhood crush that I got to meet in person on more than one occasion. Jack Scalia. I first saw him on the mini-series "I'll Take Manhattan". Later on, he played Nicholas Pearce on Dallas. I became very friendly with him through his fan club back in 2002. I had arranged his whole fan club gathering due to my being a travel agent. I got to see him in Pittsburgh PA and Wheeling WV. One time, to thank us, he took 6 of us out for Chinese food in New York City. He is a gem of a man and the friendship that we formed made that whole crush go away. He is like a big brother to me.
This is Jack in the 80s.

This is Jack and I.

Who were your childhood crushes?
7 comments:
I loved Manly!!!! I'll cop to being the John Schneider fan too. The Fonz wasn't for me...I kind of liked Ralph Malph!! Jack Scalia aged well!!!!! Love that photo!
Thanks Staci. Yes, Manly was THE man!! He was a gentleman! I got to meet Ralph Malph & Potsie at an autograph signing along with Joanie. That was fun! Yeah, Jack did age well. He's a very nice man.
I can't remember that far back, LOL! Hmmmm, OH! David Cassidy! And Parker Stevenson.
It is so neat you met your childhood crush! Maybe there's still hope for me & Jill. Not that it's a childhood crush. But I would enjoy it... (Sorry about the delete. I suffer multiple personality disorder...)
I loooooved The Dukes of Hazzard!!! I will still watch it if I come across it on cable!!! Total guilty pleasure. But I was never able to choose between Bo & Luke! heehee I guess I was fickle...one week I was all about Bo and the next week I was all about Luke! I also totally am with you on Dean Butler from Little House....sooo cute!!!
With Happy Days I was a Chachi girl. Some of my other childhood crushes were Shawn Cassidy {{swoon}}, John Travolta (circa Vinnie Barbarino. Not so much now), and, God help me for admitting this, Gopher on The Love Boat!!! Yep. What can I say, I was young! lolol :-)
Donny Osmond and David Cassidy were both plastered all over my bedroom walls back in the day.
Manly sure was a cutie, but I didn't have a crush on him.
Post a Comment