
My hubby is off today and when he came home from doing errands he took this picture of Harley. My hubby emptied our laundry bag and Harley jumped in. Too cute!
We aren't totally out of the woods yet, but I have good news!!! I spoke to Harley's doctor and he told me that all of Harley's blood work came back normal!!! His sugar, kidney, liver blood levels are all normal. Thank you God! Now, for his thyroid tests. He did two different tests on him. One test showed that his level was normal. Another test showed that his level was slightly above normal. So, he may be in early hyperthyroidism. There is nothing to treat this early stage, we just have to watch him and his blood levels. He may not ever go into full hyperthyroidism. It just may be a normal level for him. So that would be a great thing!!!
The doctor recommended I still go ahead and have him give Harley an ultrasound of his body. He would do his whole chest cavity, digestive system, and urinary system. Just a full scan which would show some stuff that the blood work cannot show such as: heart disease, digestive problems, certain cancers, and any pancreatic problems. I am going to go ahead and have it done just to make sure he is OK. He is really concerned about his weight loss. He said that it really can just be a sign of older age, but he wants to rule everything out. He said that his heart is strong enough for the heavy sedation and they are doing to shave him when he is under as well. His appointment is on Friday, Dec 5th. I will drop him off before work and he said I can pick him up at 5pm so I will leave work early so I can get him. I'm glad I did it on a Friday so that I could be home with him on Saturday & Sunday because when he has heavy sedation like that, he gets really loopy. I want to keep a watch on him. Here is hoping that it will all be normal. I hope to God it is just him being older. My heart can handle that.
Thank you all for your love, prayers, support, concern, and friendship you have shown to me. You really have no idea how much it means to me. I am very humbled and thankful to each of you. God bless you all. ♥ I can't wait to get home to give him a big kiss!
Thank you all for your love, prayers, support, concern, and friendship you have shown to me. You really have no idea how much it means to me. I am very humbled and thankful to each of you. God bless you all. ♥ I can't wait to get home to give him a big kiss!
15 comments:
Awesome news! You'll be able to sleep tonight! Give him big hugs and kisses from all of us!
Best of luck!
Excellent news! So happy to hear that!
Sue - Thank you SO much my friend. I really can sleep tonight...and breathe easily. I've been so tensed up with tension headaches and migraines. I'm SO happy. I know it won't be over until the ultrasound but so far it is good news to me! Thank you again for all the love, prayers, concern & support you have shown me and Harley.
Bud - Thank you so much for being such a sweet man. I truly appreciate it!
SW - Thank you so much for everything. You have shown me such kindness, compassion, and support. Thank you.
Words really can't express how thankful I am to all of you. ♥
Yay! Happy a little at least!
We will wait for Dec. 5th, until then rest a little and just enjoy Harley!
BG
Fantastic news!!! I thought about Harley most of the weekend and today I kept checking your Blog. Give him a big hug and kiss from me.
Dianne
BG - Thank you SO much. Yes, I will try to rest a little because I'll be no good to Harley if I give myself a stress related heart attack! I've been a mess. Thank you so much for your concern. I plan to enjoy him for sure and attack him with kisses when I get home. That poor thing. LOL!
Dianne - Thank you SOOOO much for all the support, prayers & concern you have shown me & Harley. You have a beautiful heart just like your sister. Thank you so much!!! Animals are the best thing in the whole world...I know you feel the same way! Thank you for checking for updates. ♥ I'll keep you posted.
Ohh that is a a cut picture of him I think he misses his mom "(
too cute!!
praying he does well, marina
Marina - Thank you SO much. My hubby texted it to my cell phone. It brightened my whole day up! I just am so thankful that he is OK. I'm going to think positive until he has the ultrasound. Thanks for the prayers for him!!
I never could stand seeing my cats after sedation, bless you for being so strong!
I hope he pulls through with flying colors!
Amber - Thanks so much! It is so hard to see him like that. He is doing good now. Thank God!! I'm still nervous about his ultrasound.
Post a Comment