Monday, August 4, 2008

Does That Complete Your Order?

I have a bone to pick with the drive-thru service at McDonalds. Well, not really the company, more or less the speaker and person on the other end of the speaker. They may be using cheap equipment, but for the volume that passes through their drive thru, shouldn't they invest a little more money for better equipment? It would even help speed the process along.

For example, this morning I went a different way to work so I decided to stop at the local McDonalds closest to my job. I pull up and this is what happened.

Speaker: "Welcome to McDonald's, may I help you"

Me: "Good Morning, I would like a medium iced coffee with regular milk and 3 Equals"

Speaker: "Does that complete your order?"

Me: "Yes it does."

Speaker: "So we have an egg mcmuffin and a regular coffee with 3 equals"

This is where my lack of patience comes in.

5 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

hahahaha I have a similar problem at EVERY drive thru I go to ...I think they just need better help.

Stephanie said...

That drives me nuts with drive throughs too!!! It is so frustrating.

marine's words said...

that always happens to me and my husband we just hate that.
I was going to ask you since I know you like tea have you try mango tea its so good and peach tea by crystal light is good too what I do is pour the whole thing in the picture then open another cup and pour half of the tea and fill it up its setter and taste really good.you know they come in those round container. makes 12 quarts !! ok we need to have a tea tasting party since we like tea. :)
marina

Gavin said...

I have the same complaint about the speakers on planes and subways. They can spend billions to dig tunnels but can't figure out a speaker system that allows the pilots/engineers to be understandable.

Jodi said...

So we are all in agreement. Restaurants with drive-thru service..PLEASE..invest in better equipment. It will make your customers happy, keep them coming back, and your jobs a heck of alot easier.