Monday, August 25, 2008

NaBloPoMo- August Day 25

Today's HOT topic is a Hot Fudge Sundae! I thought this would be a fun treat to lift the spirits of anyone who has the Monday blues. I really am an ice cream fan. It is my favorite dessert. I love hot fudge sundaes with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, bananas, & a cherry on top. I'm not fond of adding nuts though. Pretty much my ideal sundae is like the photo above.
Do you all like hot fudge sundaes?
**********************************
In other news, my sister is getting the stent taken out of her kidney this morning at 8am. I'm very nervous because she still has this infection. She is on her second round of antibiotics and she is still in pain. We are praying that the stent is causing it and it just needs to come out of her body. I just don't want to think all these surgeries were all in vain. She is supposed to call me when she gets home from the doctor later this morning.
I hope that you all enjoyed your weekend. It is back to the grind.

7 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

Great post! I'm not a huge fan of ice cream, but the photo looks yummy!
Sending healing prayers your sister's way.
Hope you have a great day!

Jodi said...

Sue - Thank you about my sister! I'll let you know how it turns out. She is supposed to call me when she gets home.

I know doesn't that photo look yummy?? I had to do something to get my mind off of the pancakes. Hehehe.
Have a wonderful day my friend & think...today is your Friday! Woo-Hoo!

Scriber's Web said...

I am not much of an ice cream fan either but this does look yummy!

Sending positive thoughts your sister's way. Keep us posted.

Ballerina Girl said...

Good morning Jodi...
first of all, I will say a special prayer for your sister today. I hope that this all works out for the best.
Sundaes...love them! anything with hot fudge works for me ;)
Pancakes, favorites of mine for breakfast. I love the Aunt Jemima Orginal mix...but too much to carry in my suitcase, so, like almost everythig else...(read:waffles, donuts, cookies, and just about everything else)
make them all from scratch now!

Still is fun and yummy!
BG

Jodi said...

Scriber's Web - Thank you about my sister! Your concern is very appreciated. You are not the first person who has told me they aren't an ice cream fan. I guess it surprises me because it is my weakness. Hehehehe. I'll have your portion then. LOL!

BG - Thank you for your prayers for my sister! I appreciate it and she does very much. I like Aunt Jemima's original too or Buttermilk. I like them out as well. In a pinch I'll even get McDonald's version. WOW, stuff like that from scratch! Oy!! I'm not much of a cook or baker. I microwave like nobody's business though. Hehehe

Anonymous said...

Ah, the infamous hot fudge sundaes - the one thing America is good for. Thank you. :D

And glad to hear that your sis is ok in your later post, and I wish her the quickest of recoveries.

Jodi said...

Craig - Yes, we are know for kick-butt hot fudge sundaes. They are very tasty.

Thanks about my sister! I really appreciated it.