Today's HOT topic are Hot Wheels cars. This year marks their 40th anniversary. My oldest nephew is 8yrs younger than me. I remember playing with these cars with him when I was a kid. Heck, we were both kids. He thought I was a cool Aunt mainly because I was only 8yrs older and that I liked to "play cars" with him. He had a whole bunch of these. I remember going to the local 5&10 store (when they still existed) and we would pick out a new car for him each time. I loved this car pictured above. The classics. He was more into the sports cars and anything with bright colors.
Circa 2008, I'm driving around in a Corolla and my nephew is leasing an Audi which he is paying a ridiculous amount of money for. Funny how things work out.

7 comments:
Great post! I would never have thought about these! And that shows how much caffeine is rotting my brain, because I have a son who had/still has thousands of these ...he inherited his father's collection, plus he was/still is a spoiled only child!
Oh, and my oldest nephew is 7 years 10 months younger than me, and yeah, we played with these too!
Sue - Thanks! It happened during a brainstorm. That is great that he has his own collection & his father's collection. They can be worth money someday. That is funny about the age differences. We are almost alike. Wasn't playing cars fun? It was either that or we were playing with Star Wars figures. He is kicking himself now because he had all the originals but we opened them up the "blister" packs and actually played with them. Now how much money they are worth! I said to him not to worry because you were a kid and kids play, they don't worry about the value of something "mint on card".
I'm actually running on time this morning...you would be proud. Hehehe. I'll blow it when I stop for my iced coffee because the line is always so long. Ugh!
I hope you have a great day at work! TTYL.
PS..you came up with good ideas too...the hot flashes one and the hot bath one. I wouldn't have thought of those.
I just found something Hot for you I got a newsletter form Sephora -4 Fab Trends for Fall then it has a pictures of lips MOODY beauty!! thought maybe you could use it ,it has your name Moody :) marina
have I told you how much I am enjoying seeing what your "hot" theme is each day?
my husband has a collection of these still...
our son never really got into cars..oh well!
BG
Marina - you are so cute to think of me...but I need something that is hot or has the word hot in it. But I will remember it for future reference if they ever do a theme for stuff related to our blog names.
BG - I'm glad you like it...it is fun coming up with different stuff. I'm glad you are thinking of joining in on the fun for next month. I'm wondering what theme they will choose.
Too bad your son didn't get into cars...Oh well, hold onto them for down the road when you have grandsons.
Oh I remember the hot wheels! Too bad I did not think of them for the hot theme. Great blog. And I love the blue nail polish. So cool.
BTW, You’ve been tagged. Visit my blag if you care to participate.
http://scribersweb.blogspot.com/
Scriber's Web - Thanks for the compliment about the blog & the nail polish. It really is cool. I'm getting so many compliments on it. It looks so different in person. It grew on me.
I posted my answers above of my tag!
Have a great evening.
Post a Comment