Sunday, August 31, 2008

NYC Skyline & More

Today was a great day. My hubby had off of work which is unusual because he normally works on Sundays. So we thought we'd take advantage of the beautiful weather & go for a drive. It is funny because we wound up going to West Jersey and then literally to West New York, in New Jersey.

First we took a ride up to Mount Arlington NJ to go have lunch at Cracker Barrel. Then after that we took a ride to Lake Hopatcong. We went around the lake & explored.


After we left the lake, I had a sudden urge to see the NYC Skyline. We don't live too far from the City so we drove out to West New York to take in the beautiful skyline. This is literally the closest spot in New Jersey you can get to NY without crossing over a bridge or a tunnel. It was so beautiful. So many people were out walking their dogs, jogging, rollerblading, sitting eating ice cream, walking, listening to iPods, reading, drawing. So many different moods and/or creativity was going on all in one place. It was just a beautiful day altogether. Here are some shots below of what we saw.

This is the view from a bench near a luxury condominium complex in West New York. I can not possibly imagine how much they went for with a view like this.

Here are views of the beautiful NYC Skyline from West New York in New Jersey. Neighboring towns are Edgewater & Weehawken.

5 comments:

marine's words said...

love the pictures ! someday I hope to visit NYC. when I was was 20 years old I wanted to move out there never did.
it reminds me of that song "she takes the morining tarin" shela estson any way I wanted to be that girl in the song ") marina

Jodi said...

Marina - thanks! It was so pretty there today. I'm so glad I remembered my camera. Sheena Easton was SO awesome. I loved that song and the one she did with Kenny Rogers.

Coffee Slut said...

Awesome photos! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Ballerina Girl said...

Sounds like a dreamy day! Teh weather looks georgeous!
BG

Jodi said...

Sue - I really did have a nice day! It was so pretty out.

BG - It was a tad humid but we had a nice breeze near the River near the skyline.