Thursday, August 14, 2008

NaBloPoMo - August Day 14

Todays HOT topic are Hot Air Balloons.

What I found interesting in research is that they are the first successful human carrying flight technology. The first "flight" took place in 1783. The actual balloon part is called an envelope.

  • There are currently 7500 hot air balloons operating in the United States

  • The longest someone has ever flown were 2 men in Japan for 50hrs 38mins in 1997

8 comments:

Coffee Slut said...

Great post! I could never get in one of these, I am so terrified of heights.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Jodi said...

Sue - Thanks!!

I can never get in one of those either. I'd be terrified the whole time that the thing would shut down or the "envelope" would catch on fire. I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself. Plus being suspended that high...I'll take a pass on that. LOL!

Hope you have a great day too!!! This week is flying by isn't it???

Ballerina Girl said...

good one!
I would like to ride in a hot air balloon...
I will post my tag later this afternoon
BG

Jodi said...

BG - Thanks! I will live vicariously through your eyes then if you ever go on a hot air balloon. I would just worry. I think I would suck the fun right out of it. LOL!

Looking forward to reading your list. I really could have went past six. Hehehehe

Stephanie said...

Oh I love that time of year when they have the races and my drive to work is enjoyed by checking out all the lovely balloons that fill the sky. Great post!!

Bud Fisher said...

And how many said, "Dude when I said I wanna get high, this wasn't the plan..."

marine's words said...

Jodi I am having a hard time linking I got someone to help me fix the places I vist on my blog but now I cant seem to link however I am working on it I hope to fix it soon but I did put up the tagged the only thing is I counld not tagged anyone b/c I am not linking too well :( marina

Jodi said...

Steph - they have a big balloon festival down in the Flemington area of NJ during the summer too. I went past it once on my way to New Hope. Really cool.

Bud - probably 9 out of 10. LOL!

Marina - It is OK, don't worry about tagging anyone. I appreciate you doing the answers. What I do sometimes is just say 'I'm tagging anyone who would like to do this'..and that covers it all. LOL!