Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday 9: Children And Ages Of Bloggers

Here is the link
1. Do you worry about your next birthday?
No, it isn't for another 10 1/2 months. Age is just a number anyway.
2. Have you ever lied about your age in the recent past? If yes why?
No I haven't.
3. Have you ever lied about your age when you were young? If yes why?
I lied about my age when I was 19 & 20. (That was 16yrs ago) I remember lying and saying I was 21 years old to get into a bar. I never had fake ID. They didn't really enforce showing ID then, so I got away with it. The Catholic in me felt bad enough about lying to get in, so I didn't drink. I didn't want to have to go to confession for two things vs. one. LOL
4. How much older have you been a person that you were romantically involved?
I have never dated anyone who was younger than me.
5. How much younger have you been a person that you were romantically involved?
The oldest was 8yrs.
6. Have you ever been consider a sibling, rather than parent of your child?
I don't have any children. But, I have older nieces & nephews and my oldest nephew is 8yrs younger than me. People have thought we were brother & sister.
7. If you have had children, did you factor in age when deciding to have a sibling?
N/A
8. If you have not had children, are you happy with your choice and/or fate?
We do not have children. We are happy in our lives and are very fulfilled. If by chance it were to happen, we would welcome it. If we never do, we will be fine too.
9. Do your siblings have kids? Are you close to them? Their ages?
I have 3 siblings. 2 sisters and one brother. There marriages have blessed me with 4 nephews, 2 nieces and 2 great-nephews.

My oldest sister has 2 children. One is 28 (this is my nephew that I speak about that is 8yrs younger than me) and my niece from her is 20. At one point, my nephew & I went to the same school. I was in 8th grade & he was in kindergarten. People thought it was cool that he went around calling me Aunt Jodi. I am very close with both of these kids.

My middle sister is the sister I speak about all the time. She is the one who is sick with the kidney problems. She has one son. He is 22 years old. I am very close with him.

My brother lives far from us so we rarely see him or his children and grandchildren. My brother has 3 children. His oldest is 24 years old and he is married. He is my only godson. His other boy is 19 years old. He has a daughter who is 9 years old. His oldest son (my godson) is married and he has 2 sons himself...so they are my great nephews. One is four and the other is 4 months old.

9 comments:

Scriber's Web said...

This is an incredibly stupid question but what is a Meme?

Jodi said...

Nice answers. Have a great Saturday.

Debbie said...

oh mean i swear we are twins ... nephews the same age. never dated anyone younger than us.

wanna borrow some of my kids to make it even???

Jodi said...

Scriber's web - I wanted to get the proper definition so I went to my favorite answer place...

Thanks to Wikipedia:
A meme (pronounced /miːm/)[1] is any thought or behavior that can be passed from one person to another by means of imitation. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, gestures, practices, fashions, habits, songs and dances. Memes propagate themselves and can move through the cultural sociosphere in a manner similar to the contagious behavior of a virus.


Because I never could explain it myself. I still don't know how to pronounce it ...is it "mem" or "Mem-ee"

Jodi said...

Jodi - Thanks!!! I want to comment on yours all the time, but when I go to do it my computer freezes up. I get to read them though. I will try again this week...

Debbie - You are SO funny. Don't forget the Diet Coke and tattoos!! LOL! Sure, I'll borrow some of your kids (until they go to college..parents need to pay for that) LOL!

Coffee Slut said...

Great answers!
Hope your weekend is going well!

Jodi said...

Sue - thanks! My weekend is going well..I got to see both of my sisters today. We had a very nice day. Jenny is finally going to call the doctor again on Monday to see if she can get more antibiotics. It is definetely still the infection. She is hurting real bad. I made her promise me that she will call. He is a jerk because he only gave her 5 days worth the last time. UGH!

I hope that your weekend is going well & that you aren't going crazy at work.

SimplyGigi said...

Happy Saturday 9! Visit My Blog

Scriber's Web said...

LOL! I am so new to this blogging thing. Thanks a lot for filling me in. Love wikipedia. Had no idea that I could find a definition there:)